Thank you for agreeing to speak at Tarrant Countywide!
Below is information we provide for speakers who speak at our meeting. If you have any questions about any of the items below, we encourage you to reach out to our TCw Overall Chair and they will be happy to help you.
- Please share your experience, strength, and hope on how taking the 12 Steps of A.A. have given you a “personality change sufficient to recover from alcoholism” (spiritual experience).
- Our meeting supports A.A.’s “Singleness of Purpose.”
- A lack of profanity will offend no one.
- Speakers will speak for approximately 45-50 minutes.
- Suggested Attire: Men – Coat & Tie / Women – Dress or Pant Suit
- Dinner: We would love to take you to an early dinner prior to the meeting if you are open to that. A member of our committee will be in contact with you to arrange it.
- Time: If you are not planning on going to dinner with one of our committee members, please arrive at the church no later than 6:30pm so the meeting chair can spend a few moments getting to know you so they can introduce you.
- Directions/Address: Here’s a Google maps link to the church: CLICK HERE (Unity of Fort Worth, 5051 Trail Lake Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76133).
- Travel Reimbursements: TCw will reimburse all speakers at $0.30 cents per mile who drive in to speak at our meeting. We ask you to provide us the total round trip mileage you expect to drive and we will have a check ready for you upon arrival. Note: At this time, we are not reimbursing for travel expenses other than driving.
- Overnight Accommodations: TCw will provide speakers outside of the D/FW Metroplex a $100.00 reimbursement for hotel accommodations. We are happy to make your hotel arrangements for you, or you can simply turn in a receipt to us, and a check will be cut to reimburse you for your hotel stay.
- Recording: We record all of our speakers. They currently are being held only in archive, but in the not too distant future, we will have developed our conscience on a distribution program of our speaker recordings and they will be sold, with profits being used to support TCw’s general operating fund, as well our distribution to the various A.A. service entities our meeting conscience has chosen to support.
- Flyer: If you would like to download a flyer to share with your network, CLICK HERE.
Thank you for your service and we look forward to welcoming you to Tarrant Countywide!
Tarrant Countywide Speakers:
2019 (First Saturday of each month)
JUN: Joe L., Simply AA Group, Edmond, OK (Inaugural Meeting)
JUL: Sidney P., Addison Group, Addison, TX
AUG: Heidi Jo M., Brady Group, Brady, TX
SEP: Dave B., Going To Any Lengths Group, Tulsa, OK
OCT: Eric G., Browntowner Group, Brownwood, TX
NOV: Chris D., Midtown Group, Bethesda, MD
DEC: Jim M., Brady Group, Brady, TX
2020 (First Saturday of each month)
JAN: Jimmy D., A.A. Southwest Regional Trustee, Dallas, TX
FEB: Jennifer H-K., Legacy Group, Plano, TX
MAR: Tom M., No Hassle Group, Dallas, TX
APR: Alec “Petey” P., Altered Boys Group, Oklahoma City, OK
MAY: Rita L., Going To Any Lengths Group, Tulsa, OK
JUN: Clif G., Altered Boys Group, Oklahoma City, OK
AUG: Gary K., Sulphur Springs Group, Sulphur Springs, TX
SEP: Traci M., Kennesaw Big Book Step Study Group, Kennesaw, GA
NOV: Kelly F., Turning Point Group – Waco, TX